Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy/paste similar data from multiple files into one file with multiple tabs

SteveMathews
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting started on a workflow. The goal of the workflow is to take data from 2 different spreadsheets and create one spreadsheet with multiple tabs. Each of the tabs on the new spreadsheet will include data from spreadsheet 1 and spreadsheet 2 with a common invoice number. Each tab of the spreadsheet will be a different invoice number.

I included example files below. The goal is: Take data from invoice 1234 from File 1 and File 2 and paste data into a new sheet with data from original File 1 and File 2 next to each other. Repeat the same process for invoice 45678 and create a new tab on the same spreadsheet as invoice 1234.

Both files 1 and 2 will include a large amount of data, so using a filter with a specific invoice number will likely not be possible.

Any assistance in getting started on this is greatly appreciated. I have not worked on a flow with a simple copy/paste with similar data so not quite sure how to get started on this!

Thanks,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @SteveMathews 

I think you want to do something like this,

image.png

SteveMathews
5 - Atom

Great, thank you! Will use this as a base to get started.

Labels