Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert monthly payments into yearly total fields

jmlabelle65
7 - Meteor

I am trying to build a workflow that will take an excel file with multiple column fields including monthly payments that go out 20 years.

I would like to group this data by more than 1 column field and then summarize by year.  Is there a formula that will look at the year in a date and then create and add new fields that add up the total payments by year for each grouping?

14 REPLIES 14
jmlabelle65
7 - Meteor

Thank you, much better.  Now I would like to try to figure out how to sum up the years after 2025 like I had it in the last file I sent.

Can you show me a way to do that?  The goal being to show the next 5 years of payments and 1 column for all the years afterwards.

I have attached the file you sent with my changes that shows all the years laid out, but would to have all the years after 2025 total in one column called 2026+

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Try this modification

jmlabelle65
7 - Meteor

Perfect! Thank you so much, Starting to figure out how this works thanks to your help.

jmlabelle65
7 - Meteor

I cannot solve this, can someone please nudge me in the right direction (see sample attached).  I am not sure why it is not pulling any data

jmlabelle65
7 - Meteor

Never mind - I think I got it

Labels