Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Excel tabs to PDF (keeping very specific formats)

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me answer a question.  I'm trying to automate sending 20 - 30 Excel tabs which have multiple sections per sheet as PDFs attached to emails.

The spreadsheets all have very specific formats which must be keep intact (basically they are scorecards with conditional formatting built on a rat's nest of calcs).  An example of one of these scorecards is included below.

I'm hoping to create PDFs of each one of these monsters and send to various distro lists while maintaining the exact structure of each section of the individual worksheets.  If I use a Render tool, I believe I'll need to create a table to input into the tool which will wreck the structure I need to maintain.  Hopefully that makes sense.  Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to try and clarify.  Thanks all!

Bren

Excel_Example.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Bren312 

Let us know how do you go!

Arnaldo

hfibrahim
7 - Meteor

thanks @ArnaldoSandoval . i have a query regarding the below macro. 

i can see my file size is 1mb but still my workflow is taking 7mins to complete it. can you please advise me the better solution for this. 

hfibrahim
7 - Meteor

Hi @Arnaldo, thank you for your great help with your amazing workflow.

i have a difficulty while saving this workflow to gallery, my org not allowing me to save this workflow with AMP engine enable, kindly help me with any alternative idea. i honestly appreciate your help on this. 

Kind Regards, 

Syed ibrahim

syedibrahimhuffaz @ gmail

Rico_Widmayer
7 - Meteor

@ArnaldoSandoval Hope you are still active :) I actually like to upload a flow to the server conatining this macro, but as you already mentioned it will not work properly. What exactly needs to be adjusted to make it work? I saved it as an Analytics App already. I guess I have to change something else, too?

Hope you or anyone else can help!

Labels