Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connection to 2016 MS Access Table Error

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

Recently, I upgraded to a Win10 VM and they installed Alteryx Ver 2019.4.8.22007. I noticed that I can no longer connect to 2016 MS Access Tables. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and if so, what is the fix?

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cstafford You'll presumably need to install the 2010 access database engine referenced in this Knowledge Base article.

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

I have installed the AccessDatabaseEngine but I still can only connect to .mdb files and cannot see .accdb files.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cstafford hmmm...in windows, if you go to "ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)" [Windows Key + R and then "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe"], what version of the accdb driver do you have? I think i have 14 and 15 working fine on different machines.

patrick_digan_0-1585913858062.png

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

Looks like I have version 16.00.4513.1000. I wonder if I can find an older version of this driver.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@cstafford Here is a link from that KB article to the 2010 (version 14) driver: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255. Note that I think you can only have 1 version, so it will uninstall your version 16. 

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

This fixed my issue. thank you!

Labels