Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing two files - matching column headings to old file and identify new headings?

Lili7891
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have 2 files - an old file and new file, this might be a pretty simple one but I am having a blank moment here - please could you help re:

1. Adjusting the new file to match the old file set up - headers only - do not need to pull the cells through e.g.

Old file:

Column AColumn BColumn CColumn DColumn EColumn FColumn G

New File:

Column AColumn CColumn DColumn E Column F

What I want to achieve with Combined File - Either highlights missing heading added back in (ideal solution):

Column AColumn BColumn CColumn DColumn EColumn FColumn G

or puts the missing headings at the end:

Column AColumn CColumn DColumn EColumn FColumn BColumn G

I know I could potentially use a text input file, but both the files in question have multiple columns and may potentially change again in the future so want to be able to automatically pull through any changes to match.

Hopefully makes sense, but happy to provide more detail if required - unfortunately can't share the files I am working on.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lili7891 

How about this: Strip the data from the old file with a sample tool, then Union the 2 files together.

DavidP_0-1603194208297.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Lili7891 
Did not get your ideal solution, though maybe can be done by reporting tool.

1020-Lili7891.PNG

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You can use a union tool.  It will bring all your columns in, but will stack the data so you'll have to come up with an aggregation if you want to combine the data.

Lili7891
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Lili7891 
Thank you for the mark.

Labels