Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare output of two tools in a same workflow

akshayhendre
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I am fetching some data from database in a excel file.

The first row of file has the number of records fetched from the database and second row onward I have the actual data (where second row has the header and actual data from 3rd row onward).

What I want to do is get the number from first row(number of records fetched from the database) and compare it with count of rest of the data(excluding the header on row-2). And if the count matches then only do the further processing.

Match_Output.JPG

Can anyone help me with this.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @akshayhendre ,

how about this solution?

It compares the values on both sides and if it doesn't work wont continue processing

Untitled.png

Regards

akshayhendre
7 - Meteor

Thank you @afv2688.

This is what I was looking for.

One last question, we want to check if both counts are same but in the Message tool you have used the condition "[Count]!=[Field1]", this is confusing to me.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @akshayhendre ,

the condition established is:

If the numbers on both sides are different then create the error, else process the workflow

Regards

akshayhendre
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the explanation and quick reply, really appreciate that 😀 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels