Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare User's Current vs Previous Access

fjlorenzo
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I need to compare the access of all users from the current vs previous user listing. User can have one or more access and user's access is separated by a bar "|". Below are my tables. Thank you for your help.

Previous User List

NameAccess
AlexClient Read Only Prod Account|Client Production Modify Broker
AllenClient Read Only Prod Broker - Account
RomyClient Read Only Prod Broker - Account
MalouClient Read Only Prod Broker - Account
JaneClient UAT Test|Client Read Only Prod Broker - Account|Client Production Modify|Client UAT
AnnClient Read Only Prod Broker|Client Production Modify Account|Client Development
AdrianClient Production Modify Broker|Client Production Modify|Client UAT|Client Full Access|Client Development|Client Production

Current User List

NameAccess
AlexClient Production Modify Broker|Client Read Only Prod Account
AllenClient Read Only Prod Broker - Account
RomyClient Read Only Prod Broker - Account
MalouClient Production Modify Broker
JaneClient UAT Test|Client Production Modify|Client UAT|Client Read Only Prod Broker - Account
AnnClient Development|Client Production Modify Account|Client Read Only Prod Broker
AdrianClient Production Modify Broker|Client Production Modify|Client Development|Client UAT|Client Full Access|Client Production
2 REPLIES 2
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

The first thing I did was parse out the access that each user has/had by using the Text to Columns tool and configured them both to "Split to rows." Then I unioned the data sets. At this point, you can see there are duplicates in the access column, so I used the Summarize tool to group by both Name and Access to remove duplicates for each user. After that, I used another Summarize tool to group by Name and concatenate Access with a "|" to separate the different values for each user.

Comparing.PNG

Split to Rows.PNG

Group By.PNG

Concat Access.PNG

Output.PNG

fjlorenzo
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Prometheus .

Labels