Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combine multiple workbooks into one

geax
7 - Meteor

Hello - I am looking to find a way to combine multiple excel workbooks with different sheet names into one workbook. As an example Workbook 1 containing Sheet 1 and Sheet 3 to combine with Workbook 2 containing Sheet 34 and Sheet 56. The combined workbook would be containing Sheet 1, Sheet 3, Sheet 34 and Sheet 56 unchanged from original format. Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@geax 
This is in my collection for this kind of problem.

geax
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Thank you for posting your solution. When I open I see the following message. What steps do I need to take next?

geax_0-1648211118909.png

Thanks again!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @geax - click import. A yxzp file is just an alteryx zip file containing the workflow and any supporting files/macros.

geax
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the response. I do received the following message. How do I go about it? 

geax_0-1648212610804.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@geax Click OK. Wherever you downloaded the file to there should be a folder with the same name as the yxzp. Within that you will find the workflow and should be able to open (You will receive a similar warning, but it should be okay). Alternatively, in that file you can open the yxmd and yxmc files in a text editor and update the version to match yours (will be on the first few lines). 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @geax 

You can use this guide to downgrade

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Making-Workflows-Apps-amp-Macros-Backwards-Compatible/...

Hope this helps : )

geax
7 - Meteor

I am getting error opening the notepad:

geax_0-1648214128335.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @geax - you are opening the yxzp file in notepad. Navigate to the folder that was created and open the yxmd and yxmc files. Alternatively opening those files should just give you a warning you can click through. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @geax 

in the screenshot you are trying to open the yxzp in notepad. Follow the guide @atcodedog05 sent closely - you need to open the workflow files (yxmd/yxwz) that are within the folder that should be created after trying to open the yxzp.

Hope this helps,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels