Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cleaning up csv

MatthiasBE
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Alteryx-Community,

I'm trying to clean up a list of music performances that I'd like to add to an Alteryx workflow. I am trying to come up with a workflow that appends the information contained in column A to all empty cells up until the next filled cell and then divide the amount that's listed in column E by the total number of performances for that song, so that each line has the correct corresponding amonut next to it. After that i could just filter out all lines that are empty in column B and have a functioning csv, finally.

MatthiasBE_1-1659540639070.png

I feel like this is probably a quick and easy solution but I can't seem to get there. I'd be immensely grateful for some assistance.

Many thanks and all the best,

Matthias

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @MatthiasBE, how does this look? Let me know if there's any issues! One thing I can think of right away is that you may want to change the rounding of the amounts, depending on the level of precision desired.

DataNath_0-1659542967030.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @MatthiasBE 

Here is one way of doing it:

DavidSkaife_0-1659543083915.png

MatthiasBE
6 - Meteoroid

Legend! Thank you so much, David! Exactly what I needed

MatthiasBE
6 - Meteoroid

Works perfectly! And I learned something from this, thanks for your help, mate.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels