Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cleaning up address Data

cablejarrett
6 - Meteoroid

I currently have a large file where the street address is anywhere in 3 different rows address line 1, address line 2, or address line 3. I would like to be able to pick out where the cell that starts witha  number is populated in a new row to help clean this up.  Is that possible?

Jarrett

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@cablejarrett Would you be able to provide some sample data and expected output?

cablejarrett
6 - Meteoroid

yes. 

I cant put the actual data but I put what I expected in D 

basically any of those that start with a number I want to put into a new row. 

MilindG
12 - Quasar
cablejarrett
6 - Meteoroid

thank you for this. 

it almost workedd 

I have a file with more data on it than address that I want to keep (sorry I cant share the entire file) 

another issue is it shifted up and screwed up those that didnt have a number at all. (those I just would need to be blank. 

attached a new sample

MilindG
12 - Quasar

@cablejarrett See if this works

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @cablejarrett 

You can clean up these addresses fields with the REGEX_Match() function, it returns true/false when the pattern is found/not found, just like this:

if REGEX_Match([Address Line 1 ], "\d.*") Then [Address Line 1 ]
ElseIf REGEX_Match([Address Line 2], "\d.*") Then [Address Line 2]
ElseIf REGEX_Match([Address Line 3], "\d.*") Then [Address Line 3]
Else 'BLANK'
Endif

The condition returns the Address fields fullfilling the condition starting with number; if 2 or more fields start with number, the first field is taken.

Address_Cleaner_01.png

Results:

Address_Cleaner_02.png

hth

Arnaldo

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels