Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Checking key words

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I have attached a sample file contains 3 sheets which are (Input, Key word, Output). What I'm looking for is to have a workflow with two inputs which are (Input sheet and Key word sheet) then the workflow will check from the input sheet is these is any word key in the DEC if yes the workflow should give me in the output the DEC with Profile column as shown in the output sheet.

So, the workflow will check the input file in the DEC column and check if there is any key word which exist in the key word file if yes add a column and write the profile which is beside the key work column in the key word sheet. 

Any help in that please?

16 REPLIES 16
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

You can do something like this.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641823256257.png

Hope this helps : )

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Hope you're doing well, I was wondering now instead of using priority if I have two keywords in one cell (DES), can I have a workflow that duplicates the the cell and for each cell give the profile of the keyword like the sample file attached?

In the sample file in DES I have two keywords for different profile so the output is duplicate the DES and gives each Bold keyword its profile.

Note that, it should be applied for the more than keyword exact in the same cell with different profile.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641992177752.png

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

Thanks for helping, for the sample data it works great but when I tried the actual data it gave me this error! Any idea?

1.jpg

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

Configure append tool like below. And let me know does it work.

atcodedog05_0-1642054797635.png

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05  Thanks the first error solved, but the second one which is N Dimensional Join still as shown in the pictures attached . Any idea how it can be fixed?

3.jpg5.jpg

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Feras95p 

The possibility is you might have null rows. Try this workflow.

Labels