Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Checking if a column contains data from another column

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Probably a fairly question but looking for something to a vlookup. Checked some other articles but could not find exactly what I was looking for. 

Have attached some sample data to show what I am trying to do. 

Basically I have two columns of data which should have the same data in them. I need to check that they do and if there are any differences investigate them. To do this I usually use the vlookup in my sample.

Would there be any way to replicate this in Alteryx?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

hi @vizAlter 

Sorry, fairly last week so didn't get a chance to go try it yet, will let you know, thanks

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

@vizAlter 

Hi 

Not related to my previous question, but I was wondering how did you make a box that you are able to minimize around part of your workflow?

Thanks

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@BillyL14 — Two ways -

(1) select the tools which you want to put in the comment box, then right click >>> "Add To New Container".

You can configure the comment windows once you select it.

vizAlter_0-1600093114051.png

vizAlter_0-1600094509665.png

2) Go to "Documentation" tab >>> Drag "Tool Container" to the canvas (your workflow) >>> now drag the tools from your workflow which you want to keep in it.

If it resolves your query please mark it "Solved" or "Solved" with a Like. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

BillyL14
8 - Asteroid

thanks

Labels