Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Charting two values per service

Stuey
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all

I'm currently developing a report that will go out to other services within my workplace. In this report I need to create a chart that will compare each services figures for the month against that of the same month from the previous financial year.

There are roughly 6 services that I am reporting on and I need to have each one on the same chart, with last months performance against the performance of that service for the same month one year ago. I would like these two figures running side by side for each service.

The data looks like this:

Financial YearDateServiceNumber of responses
18/192018-11-01Apple24
18/192018-11-01Orange8
18/192018-11-01Pear68
19/202019-11-01Apple32
19/202019-11-01Orange5
19/202019-11-01Pear72

The workflow is built out so multiple charting tools (or Interactive Chart if necessary) are running into a Visual Layout tool for organisation before being rendered.

Is this possible to do on a charting tool (preferable for my format)? If not is it possible on an Interactive chart tool?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated as I have really hit a wall here.

Thanks

Stu

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Stuey 

The easiest way to convey this is with an interactive chart with service as the X axis and a transform that splits Service by Year

r.png

Dan

Stuey
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Dan, 

I've done that and it works for now, however I am having scaling issues with the interactive charting tool when being put into a visual layout and rendered (can see it being an issue in the future).

Thanks for the fast reply and solution.

Stu

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Stuey 

Glad to help.

The output of the chart gets rendered as a .png.  By default the final image size is pretty small, ~700x800 and so in the render tool it gets scaled up to fit the page and ends up stretched and blocky.  To work around this, increase the size in the Chart->Display section of the config.  You'll want the size to be very large, ~7000x8000, so that when it's rendered it doesn't have to be stretched.   Once you make the Graph canvas bigger, you'll need to increase size of the various text objects, labels, axis, etc. to match, otherwise they'll be tiny.

Dan

Labels