Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change dates from biweekly to monthly

cspr2023
5 - Atom

I have some payroll data (all dummy) that has a start date (PPSD) and an end date (PPED) that ranges from 2022-2023. For the 2022 dates, I want to condense the payroll data down to monthly dates. 2023 will stay as the current biweekly payroll dates. The payroll dates are not consistent across employees so I want to base the monthly total off of what month PPED falls into. In the end, I want to have one line for each month in 2022. How do I condense the lines? I tried a multi-row tool but some months may have 3 lines(weeks) of payroll data instead of two. I've attached a before and after file of what I'm looking for. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
CoG
13 - Pulsar

Is the monthly total from the input already in your data? You could just use Summarize Tool to Group By [Monthly Hours]. Otherwise, here is another way to solve the problem:

Screenshot.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels