Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change column from Basic Table Tool from decimal to percentage

alejandrogarayacosta
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Im using the Basic table tool, and I have encountered one issue, i want to replace values from one column which are in decimals to percetages after the rules have been applied (Background color rules), but I cannot replace the number to percetages,

See image below, the column Lates % is the one that i want to change to percentage as final rule

Please your help

THank you

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@alejandrogarayacosta 
Decimal is still a numeric value, and if you want to change it to %, it will be come a String.
maybe that is the reason?
Can you show us what did you tempt to change with a snapshot?

alejandrogarayacosta
6 - Meteoroid

This is the flow, after the basic table highlighted, i want to convert the column Late % to percetage but as you can see i cannot select the column, the table is the only thing appearing in the select tool for example

oyes2704
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alejandra,

the Table creates XML objects for the Grouping variables. It would be difficult to adjust the content from there. You can convert the layout of the column before you use the Table Tool. Please see simple workflow I included:

1. Formula tool that formats Inventory availability to text with %.

formula.png

 2. Basic Table Grouping by Inventory categories like desks in my case

table.png

3.  Select after Table shows each Inventory group and the "Table" XM L column

Select.png

Please see the workflow attached.

Best of luck,

Oly

alejandrogarayacosta
6 - Meteoroid

please note that my table has formatting rules on each column, and the rules are based on the numeric values because of the operators <>+, that is why i need to convert them to percetages after these rules have been applied

oyes2704
8 - Asteroid

Alejandro,

Thanks for details - sounds like a very typical case for the Formula/ReportText combination. 

Unfortunately your only options are dealing with sophisticated XML or preparing your data before the report. I modified the example to highlight the % in red/orange/green using the Report Text option.

1. Formula will create 3 variables with values only for the required range.

3formula.png

Text will "Concatenate" all three variables in different colors.

3text.png

The report will use the new "Text" element to show the value in the correct layout:

3report.png

Hope that helps to resolve your issue. Please see this workflow attached.

Best,

Oly

alejandrogarayacosta
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All, thank you for your answers

alejandrogarayacosta
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Oyes!!

Labels