Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chained Analytic Apps - not updating drop down with data

Analyst323
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a 4 step chained app that in theory, each app will provide an output to update the next drop down interface. 

My first app has a hard keyed fiscal year selection (2021, 2022, 2023, etc). Our fiscal year runs July-June.
This then bumps up against our SQL server to pull back the data. So if we choose 2022, we should have all 12 periods available since we have July 21' through June 22'.

My next app (App2) should then read the output from App1 and determine what fiscal periods are available. The issue is, unless I open up App2 manually, run the workflow and then save, I do not see the updated results from APP1. 

Today, I selected FY2022, App2 only resulted in Periods 1-11. When I check the output from App1, it shows Periods 1-12.

Is there a way to get App2 to update the results for the drop down without me having to go in, manually run then save?

When I open App2 manually, run the workflow, then "run as an analytic app", I do see all periods. 

I have attached both apps. I modified it a little to remove protected data. The App2Input is the entire dataset, joining against the selected fiscal period. 

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Analyst323 admittedly, I do not know why this is not executing correctly. I encourage you to log a case with Alteryx Support as your configurations look correct. That said, I was able to get the apps to work correctly using a different configuration of the Drop Down tool. I modified App1 to write a file with Name and Value fields which the Drop Down in App2 reads from. In my testing, the apps executed correctly. 

Analyst323
8 - Asteroid

@MatthewO thanks for your solution. I am testing it now and so far has worked for Apps 1 & 2. 

Labels