Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Capstone exercise Help

omkarshinde
8 - Asteroid

I am finding it extremely difficult to pivot this particular dataset given into desirable format to compare it further in step1 itself. I request someone to give me detailed steps. I have already gone through previous exercises of transpose as well as cross tab videos also on youtube.I just have issues with this particular exercise. Please help.

16 REPLIES 16
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @omkarshinde 

Record ID - Usually I have the habit of using Record ID tool, so that later part of the workflow if we feel the data's are assorted due to the calculations done, we can re-sort it as per the input file.

Transpose - It helps to convert the data from columns to rows as decision has been made on the dataset.

Tile tool - As I noticed there was no similarity to take something as unique to get the output as separate columns I have used the tile tool.

Here the learning is usage of Tile tool to use before the Cross tab tool to get the desired output.

There might be many different ways to achieve the solution, but this was my one way to reach the solution.

Happy learning!!!!

omkarshinde
8 - Asteroid

actually i had proceeded via the earlier approach and reached till join via record position. Any way I can reach solution via that?

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @omkarshinde 

One second, I will recreate the earlier flow.

It was too lengthy one to use join tool, so I deleted and used the different approach.

omkarshinde
8 - Asteroid

Your solution was quite interesting to use tile tool before cross tab because i tried a lot using directly tranpose as well as cross tab but neither of them worked

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @omkarshinde 

Please find the solution via Join for your learning purpose.

ShankerV_0-1675693935321.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

omkarshinde
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!

JRBeaudry
8 - Asteroid

Nice work ShankerV, That was very useful and with the "For learning" a very good addition to my learning path  ! 🤓

Labels