Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cannot get Packaged Workflow to Open

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone!

A colleague of mine sent me a packaged workflow (.yxzp) and when I saved it to my desktop and tried to open the packaged workflow, it gave me an error saying "[file path] is not a supported Package type." It doesn't un-zip the package and allow me to view or open the underlying files included in the package, just gives me the error as soon as Alteryx opens and I'm not able to open, view, edit, or otherwise interact with the packaged workflow.

I have an older version of WinZip and I tried opening it directly with WinZip but that didn't work.  I also tried changing the file extension to .zip but that didn't work either.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @mkeiffer 

Just for clarity, are you double clicking on the file in your directory or trying to open via Alteryx>File>Open?

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C I actually tried opening it both ways you mentioned (double clicking on the packaged file and opening it from within Alteryx).  I got the same error message with both approaches. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mkeiffer One option have your colleague resend the workflow package again and check whether you are able to open it or not.

mkeiffer
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs I am working on that approach right now.  Thanks so much!

Labels