Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can this be converted in Alteryx workflow design?

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Team,

I have this excel template. and all the fields needs a value to be inputted to compute those fields highlighted in yellow?

what tool i can used or do i need this as input file and another file to input those other values?

Thanks for the help

8 REPLIES 8
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @jaemilao 

You could rebuild this as an analytical app fairly easily. 

Based on the workbook looks like you need to ask your users for:
- From date: use date picker interface tool

- To date: use date picker interface tool

- Coupon Rate: use numeric up/down tool

- Factor: use numeric up/down tool

- Nominal:use numeric up/down tool

- Yearly day count: use numeric up/down tool

The rest you would be able to calculate within the workflow!

Hope this helps!

KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Does something like this help you? 

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

i tried to save it in the gallery but it won't let me save the workflow. and where can i input the values for the text input tool when i run it in the gallery?

KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

You would need it to be an analytic app like the one attached. Let me know if you have any questions about this solution.

If this Solution works for you, please mark this post as solution! Thanks!

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

i am encountering this error everytime i try to save it in the gallery. i cannot run it. can you help me out as this is the first time for me to use analytic app

KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

That is just a validation error and shouldn't restrict you from being able to run it in the Gallery. Give it a shot in the Gallery and let me know!

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

i already save it in gallery but there is no run button. and when i saved it, it was not properly saved

KSowers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Make sure you are saving it as an analytic app and not a macro. This can be checked on the "workflow" tab of the configuration on the left side. Also, if you save the app locally, try double clicking the app from your file browse and see if you get the following pop up:

KSowers_3-1671736511924.png

Labels