Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't open a workflow saved as an app

kristi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - I have a workflow that was saved as an Alteryx app file and when I try to open it in designer I get an error message that the file doesn't exist - 

This is the file I'm trying to open: 

kristi_0-1634428428760.png

Here is the error message: 

kristi_1-1634428508138.png

Can anyone suggest how I might recover this file? 

thanks,

Kristi

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kristi 
When save the workflow, use the option of export, so that the dependencies can be packed together.

Qiu_0-1634429794468.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @kristi 

It could be related to the fact that your G: drive is mapped to Google drive.  Try copying the file to your desktop using File Explorer and then open the copy.  If this works, then the original problem is related to google drive.  Perhaps you're G: drive isn't synchronized with your google account.  If it doesn't work, then the problem is with the file itself.   Try looking in your Autorecovered files to see if there is working copy.

Dan 

kristi
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @danilang - copying it to my desktop worked!! you are a lifesaver! 

gaylasmith4321
7 - Meteor

I had this same issue,  when double-clicking on an Alteryx file that was saved as an app that was emailed to me, it just brought up an app window, but didn't actually open the workflow.  However, from within the Alteryx program itself, I was able to browse and open the file from its saved location using the File --> Open menu. The discussion in this thread helped me determine this solution and I was able to save it as a workflow from there!

Labels