Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CHANGE THE OUTPUT NOTE in ALTERYX GALLERY

priyanka31
7 - Meteor

priyanka31_0-1602201085715.png

Hi,

When I run the workflow in the Alteryx gallery I get the final note (as shown in the image) above. However I want to modify/change the note and I am not sure how this is usually done. The workflow is not created by me. Can anyone please advise on how to change the final note that we see after running the WF in the gallery?

8 REPLIES 8
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Can you show the screenshot for the entire page. I don't really know where this message is coming from. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It looks to me like that is a message created by whoever designed the app that you're running from the Gallery.  Not sure what your access is for your Gallery, but to change it, you'd have to download the app, then go into the Interface Designer, and update it there.  It will be in the Properties section (there's a spot to enter messages upon successful completion of the app).

StephV
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @priyanka31 ,

Thank you for your question to the Community!

I moved your post to the Designer Discussions forum there you can ask anything technical about Designer. 

This article "Q&A: Where Do I Post My Questions?" should also help you out. 

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Steph Vitale-Havreng
priyanka31
7 - Meteor

Thank You @StephV

priyanka31
7 - Meteor

@mbarone Do you mean I need to download the workflow from the gallery and then open it in Alteryx designer and try to find which tool has that output message? If so I tried that but I am having difficulty to find which tool has that comment. I saw all the interface tool in the workflow created but it no luck. 

The workflow is very long, it could be just there but since it is so long I am not able to find it. Is there a way I type in few words of those message that I showed in the image in the workflow search/find section and then locate it?

Please let me know. Thank you for your help.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It's not a tool.  In the menu option "View - Interface Designer", you'll see it opens in the Layout View. Click the cog at the bottom for the Properties view.  In that location will be any messages the creator wanted you to see upon completion:
2020-10-09 14_26_14-Interface Designer - Properties.png

If it's not there, then I'm not sure where the message would be coming from without seeing the actual YXWZ.

priyanka31
7 - Meteor

@mbarone I got it. Thank you so much!!!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sure; glad to help!!

Labels