Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Browse Tool not tallying with Table Values

klwee
6 - Meteoroid
Dear Alteryx community,

So, I have been trying to troubleshoot why my data values disappeared from the Browse panel on the left for "Period" but if I look at the table at the bottom right, values up to 7 actually exist. 

I have 2 columns named Period just to check if any values were changed after appending.

I have already tried checking "Collect and display data profile information" as suggested in another thread, but it has already been checked earlier. 

Is this a known visual bug? 

klwee_0-1630065110014.png

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @klwee ,

We would need to see your workflow and data. Can you post your workflow with some dummy data so we can check what's happening?

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

klwee
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @mceleavey,

Here is my workflow.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @klwee 

In my browse I can see 2 more > option below the list.

atcodedog05_0-1630078680086.png

Upon clicking it shows the full list.

atcodedog05_1-1630078728045.png

I am using version 2021.1 and I can see you are using 2021.2 not sure if its a bug 🤔

@mceleavey can you check on your Alteryx what you are able to see? are you able to get this 2 more > option

Hope this helps : )

klwee
6 - Meteoroid

@atcodedog05 I'm currently using Version: 2021.3.1.47945. My colleague using 2021.2 helped with the dummy data replacement. 😅

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @klwee 

As of 2020.3 Alteryx changed the the browse tool data profile from a complete profile to a "close-enough profile" for performance purposes (see Browse Tool Data Profiling section here).  It only uses a sub set of your data for profiling purposes  If you have values that only show up late in the dataset, these won't be displayed.  To get a true profile of your data use the Unique tool and the various tools from the Data Investigation palette

Dan   

Labels