Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Browse Tool View More Than 10,000 Unique Values

krameraaron
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm using the Browse tool to quickly gather summary statistics at various points throughout a workflow.

One of the useful features of the Browse tool is viewing the number of unique entries in a certain field, but the feature is limited to 10,000 unique entries (see the screenshot below).

Is there a way to view the number of unique entries in a field through the Browse tool if it exceeds 10,000 entries? I've been resorting to utilizing a Unique tool coupled with a Browse tool to accomplish this, but if there is a setting somewhere that I can use to increase the limit to ~50,000, that'd be preferable.

Thank you for your help!

krameraaron_0-1653585856918.png

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I know that your goal is via browse tool, but you could also use a summarize tool where you do a count distinct on the column(s) of interest to see the number of unique values. 

krameraaron
5 - Atom

Right -- that would probably be slightly cleaner than using the Unique tool, but it'd be great if the user could change parameters regarding limits in the Browse tool.

Labels