Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Brosw In-DB error

tep_49
7 - Meteor

tep_49_0-1684859058467.jpeg

Hey All,

I'm receiving this error while trying to preview my data from the connect-in db tool.

Can anyone help to see how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Nate

4 REPLIES 4
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@tep_49 

'the errors in the CONnection Indb give in the browse if it is connected to the connection indb tool;.

I noticed that you are using declare apparently doing a transaction on the sqlserver.
I don't know if it is possible to use the query option with these statements

tep_49
7 - Meteor

Hi Geraldo,

Thank you for your response.

Is there any alternative as I don't have the option to modify this query?

It's running successfully when using the input tool though but to improve speed am using connect indb tool and browse indb.

Can any tool be used in Alteryx to run this successfully without errors?

Thanks,

Nate 

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@tep_49 

if the sql-transaction is a select that results in data output you will have to use macro substitution or use dynamic input tool
sql-transacion is used in the inout input data tools in pre and post sql configuration

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @tep_49 

In db won't let you do such a query. However, you can turn around this issue by using the pre sql or post sql in standard input/output tool. I have developed a macro to do so.

Best regards,

Simon

Labels