Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Blank Screen when trying to update license key

No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

I'm just about to start year 2 of our 3 year license and when I select Activate License from the Options tab I get the Activate Designer pop up that is completly blank. Never had this issue before. A coworker actually had the same thing occur with her while trying to install designer on her machine as well. Have a different coworker who installed the new key w/o issue. We are all on virtual machines. Thoughts on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @No-Sass,

Can you include a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

Blank License update

No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

The connecting circle 'activates' and then when its complete, you get what you see. 

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Helllo @No-Sass,

This may be a case for the support team.  If you could email support@alteryx.com we will be happy to take a look for you.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
ScottG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I saw this same problem with a prospect.  It turned out to be a firewall issue blocking communication to the Alteryx Gallery.

Scott Gurney
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
Ab5
5 - Atom

I am facing similar issue with 2020 version. I have sent an email to support team today.

scottgurney
5 - Atom

Alteryx Support should be able to help. 

There are a few other things you can try in the interim:

1. Attempt to use the command-line licensing method:
    AlteryxActivateLicenseKeyCmd.exe [license key] [email address]
  2. Use the “offline” licensing method, using File Activation
  3. If allowed by the organization, connect to a network that is outside of the firewall, such as a mobile hotspot or on a home internet connection. Then activate.
  4. Ask IT to open ports 80 and 443 and add whitelist.alteryx.com to their firewall whitelist so communication can take place.

Ab5
5 - Atom

Thank you, I will wait for the support team to respond today before I try anything. Thanks for sharing.

Labels