Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Marco

jlfromm
8 - Asteroid

I need to create a batch macro to covert .xls to .Xlsx .  I had it done awhile back however when I opened it today I am getting the ? and I am not sure what I am missing. Please help 

I had it working awhile back however know Screenshot 2024-04-17 101011.png

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Your batch macro has moved locations from where it was when you set up this workflow to today. Close out of this workflow without saving it, move the batch macro back to its original location, and reopen the workflow!

jlfromm
8 - Asteroid

Screenshot 2024-04-17 104045.png

I did and this is what I got, so i think it must of got moved and know I cant remember how to fix it. 

jlfromm
8 - Asteroid

I can't get it to work I think I need to redo the marco however I can't remember how to do it. 

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

the error you are seeing is referencing where it thinks that macro is, and based on the path it looks like you would've gotten it in an email. Can you track down the email? Then at least you can save it in a new location and replace this broken macro with your newly saved macro

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am not sure exactly what your macro was doing, but my guess is that it's reading in files of differing schemas in which case the macro here will help: The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart (alteryx.com)

Labels