Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro with AMP not updating other marcro's variable.

bruno_leal
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have an app that calls a Batch Macro with a few parameteres:

Screenshot 2024-07-25 120530.png

Inside this Batch Macro I call another Macro and assign to one of it's variables %Question.ControlParam.Database% (which is one of the parameters of the batch macro:

Screenshot 2024-07-25 120743.png

With AMP I get this error which means the Batch Macro is not updating the value to be passed to the other macro:

Screenshot 2024-07-25 121135.png

Without AMP everything runs smooth.

Is there any workaround for this as without AMP to run this app for all systems it will take more than 1 day?

Thanks,

Bruno

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
19 - Altair

can you share your action tool configuration and what your data looks like going from your union tool to your macro? My hunch is this is relates to something not being updated correctly so your variable is not being passed to your macro - rather the name of your variable is being passed.

bruno_leal
6 - Meteoroid

I'll share that as soon as I get to my desk.

In the meantime, I did try to manually send the necessary data to the batch macro using a text input and with only 1 row, but the error remained so I think the problem must be after the load of data into batch macro.

Thanks,

Bruno

apathetichell
19 - Altair

I'm confused - is this a batch macro or an app? chained app? 

bruno_leal
6 - Meteoroid

First screen is an app which calls the batch macro.

Second screen is the batch macro that calls another macro (standard). This, to show how data is loaded into that standard  macro.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

cool/makes sense.

Can you post: - macro output from the union tool before the input to macro 2-. connect macro output to browse tool. set up browse tool to show via interface designer.

action tools configs in macro 2.

also - action tools ->

are you connecting control parameters directly into the second macro? don't do that. send them to text input tools.

Labels