Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro to import multiple file having different schema

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I am having a batch macro to import multiple excel files from a folder, having different schema. However, I am still not able to import all the files as they are being dropped even after using Batch Macro. Below is the screenshot of the same.

Deba93_0-1608745937699.png

And below is the workflow which imports all the files and use it for further processing

Deba93_1-1608746060404.png

Any help on this would be welcome, I am stuck in this place for a long time

Regards,

Deba

5 REPLIES 5
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are you able to upload a copy of your batch macro and a few of the files you are trying to import? This will make it easier to pinpoint the exact issue.

For the macro, please ensure you have the following configuration in the interface designer settings (view > interface designer).

echuong1_0-1608746847986.png

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Make sure you have the macro settings as follows in the screenshot:2020-12-23 13_07_33-Interface Designer - Properties.png

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hey Thanks for the reply, I had made those changes in the beginning itself, however what I missed out was including the Sheet Name after the directory input. That was the reason why records were being dropped

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hey Thanks for the reply, I had made those changes in the beginning itself, however what I missed out was including the Sheet Name after the directory input. As I have mentioned above.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great, glad you figured it out!

Labels