Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automated workflow to Compare the number of unique records in a database

Bernatyx
5 - Atom

Hi all

I have the following business challenge;

I need to connect to a database in Alteryx and compare the number of unique records in that database with the number of unique records in that same database from the day or week before. This process needs to run ongoing and generate a warning notification (ideally an email sent to named recipients) if the delta between the two record counts exceeds a certain threshold. For example, the number of records in today's download was 10% less than yesterday's download so send a notification email.

I have access to Alteryx Server but have never used it.

I know how to do this manually but wanted to explore a fully automated solution.

Would Alteryx be able to cater for a situation such as this?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Mathias_Nielsen
8 - Asteroid

Hi Bernatyx,

We do something similar at my company. My best bet is to have a file containing the number of unique records and a date field. That way you can use that to compare back in time with your current database. Make it so that the current number of unique records is appended to the file. Furthermore, the server needs to have access to this file, so that you can schedule the workflow to automate the process.

Mathias_Nielsen
8 - Asteroid

Here is an example workflow

Labels