Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Auto filter / auto selection of months

Shivm
5 - Atom

Hello All,
I would like to seek a help for auto filter / auto selection of months
My data contains accounting period of 2 months. these two accounting period changes every month. Eg; for the month of May, my accounting period is 4(Previous month) and 5(Current month). for June, 5(Previous) and 6(Current). i have used filter option for now. Is it possible to pick big number as current month and the lowest one as previous month without any edit.

3 REPLIES 3
KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

hi @Shivm ,

I am not fully sure what you need to achieve, as your data contains accounting period of 2 months.. and then you filter of those 2 months..?

Anyway, I think that you can create column with month of you data, you can also create columns with Current and Previous Months,

Then based on this columns you can filter you data.

If it is not what you look for, please clarify it I will try to help you:)

Karolina

KarolinaRoza_0-1625223470546.png

Shivm
5 - Atom

Hi Karolina,

Thanks for your quick help. My input data will contain months as single digit numeric. Also it will contain only 2 months-current and previous months as "5" and "4". I want the Alteryx to pick big number in this column and it should show like big number as current month and small number as previous month. so that if i work this for December accounting, "12" should be considered as current month and "11" should be considered as previous month. I hope this helps to explain my issue.  

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Shivm ,

that's not clear at all.

Can you please post some data or mock data showing what your data looks like and what you're trying to achieve?

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

Labels