Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Attempting to Download and Install Alteryx Data Packages

Rkornack
Meteoro

Hello,

I am attampting to download Alteryx census data. I have gone through the install process, and some instructions I found said "Once the data install is complete you will need to install the license provided to you in an email.  Double click on the .srclc file and follow instructions for authenticating your license. " However, I have nor received an email. Any help would be appreaciated.

Thank you,

7 RESPUESTAS 7
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you are just using the free 2010 census data, then you shouldn’t need any license. Just download and install using the AlteryxDataInstall program included in the download. 

If you are attempting to use newer census data, you need a business insights license which is paid for and would’ve been included in an email as mentioned. 

Rkornack
Meteoro

I am just trying to use the 2010 census data, and I did download the data. When I try to use a tool that would use that data, though, it says there are no datasets available. I've restarted/rebooted, etc.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

As mentioned, have you installed the data using the program included in the download? Downloading is not enough

Rkornack
Meteoro

I believe I did, but would you be able to advise how to exactly run the program included in the download? So I can ensure I have done it

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It's called "DataInstall" - open it and go through the steps to install it.

Otherwise if that still didn't work, contact Alteryx support to help out

Rkornack
Meteoro

Confirmed I have gone through the datainstall process, multiple times, still has not worked. How do I contact Alteryx support? this forum was always my lifeline to getting support from Alteryx

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Through Mission Control! https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/How-to-Submit-a-Customer-Support-Case-through-Mission-...

otherwise just make sure you are using a tool that uses Census Data - the Allocate Input tool is the most common

Etiquetas