Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Attaching Layout/Visual Layout outputs as the Body to Gmail macro

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Hey Again,

Kind of a 1 off case, but I'm sure the use exists. I'm creating custom reports per client and want to email those reports as part of the workflow.
I am using the GoogleOauth2 and Gmail macros to do so (we use gmail obviously haha).

When I select the "Layout" as the message field, all that ever sends is the actual text to build the report:

Untitled.png

Is there anything I'm missing to get that to render?Call something different maybe? Toss
2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JordyMicheal 

The issue is linked with the Interactive chart tool - we have it logged as a defect and are working on a fix. I don't have a timeline I can share atm I'm afraid.

adriansilk
6 - Meteoroid

I have a similar problem; to bypass an issue with sending emails via secure SMTP, which we cannot do via our Citrix server estate but we can do from our Alteryx server, I've built a simple macro for my users to use to put email requests into a yxdb, with the Body stored as a 20mb V_WString field.

However when my 'sending' workflow extracts the data from the yxdb as a field into its Email Tool, whereas for Body values that are sourced from Table reporting work fine, when I feed a Layout into the request I just get HTML markup deveivered into my email content, starting with

<srcreport version="1.0" style="page-break-after:always;"

Do you think this is a similar issue to the one @JordyMicheal reported?

Adrian

Labels