Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Attach the original files to output (Keep formatting)

Jackf99
7 - Meteor

I have a folder of files that my program goes through. I want my program to attach the original files to each output file that is created (Separate output file for each input file). I also want to keep the formatting the same as in the excel file. Is there a simple way to do this? I know it is simple with 1 input file using a blob tool but I cant figure out how to do it with a folder of files. The output file name should be 'DR'+[Current file name].

2 REPLIES 2
perin
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Jackf99 

You can use your blob rule inside a macro, this way you can apply the solution multiple times depending on your input files.

Best,

Gustavo.

Jackf99
7 - Meteor

I tried what you suggested but I think I messed up somewhere along the way. I don't have much experience with macros, can you check out my workflows. The temp workflow is what the macro workflow is supposed to be, the Attach Original macro is the macro I created. The Attach Original workflow is how the macro is used in the workflow.

Labels