Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assigning week number to multi-year rolling week id's

Nsantana
7 - Meteor

I have weeks for multiple rolling Fiscal Years and need to assign them week number based on the rolling weeks. 

I pulled weeks for the last 4 years ending 202431 (July 2024) and need that last week to be week 52 and then the numbers should restart after 52 weeks for the previous years. So 4 groups of 52 weeks. 

Please and thank you.

Fiscal Week ID    Week ID

202431                 52
202430                 51
202429                 50
202428                 49

202331                 52

202330                 51

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

What you are requesting is not possible without knowing the exact date which week 52 ends - and any rules requiring day of week for week start/end.

Nsantana
7 - Meteor

Really? I was thinking it's just labeling the rows till 52 and then then numbers would repeat. I was wondering if something like the Tile Tool would work?

apathetichell
19 - Altair

let me edit this - are you saying you have an ordered set of week values that you want to bin into sets of 52 - if so use- mod([RowCount]-1,52)+1 if you are looking to dynamically generate the week start dates - you have to know a beginning or end day which you are looking at.

Nsantana
7 - Meteor

PERFECT. Thank you!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels