Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Are the Logistic and Linear Regression tools in v11 "closed source"?

jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

One of the major appeals of Alteryx for our organization was the ability to customize the stock tools, particularly Linear and Logistic Regression to fit our reporting needs.  One of the major gripes was the variable selection mechanism in those tools.  It looks like under v11 the ability to select variables has improved (although variable names are truncated?)  but you can no longer open up the underlying macro code in those tools.  Are they essentially going to be closed source going forward??

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @jsetlik

If you right-click the macro, there is now a "Choose Tool Version" option... If desired, you can choose the older version of the macro explicitly, or the newer version explicitly (or an in-database version). Once you explicitly choose any version, then the ability to drill into that version becomes available in the drop-down.

Hope that helps!

John

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You can also access the code for the Linear Regression tool by going bin\HtmlPlugins\Linear_Regression within the Alteryx Install folder

The macro that it uses is within the Supporting_Macros subfolder.

jsetlik
6 - Meteoroid

That's great news!  Just so I understand, editing the code C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\HtmlPlugins\Linear_Regression\Supporting_Macros\Linear_Regression.yxmc will allow me to customize the outputs from the regression but also allow me to use the updated variable selection GUI component?

Thank you for you help

John

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
I believe you can change the outputs from the macro.

In terms of changing the UI that is a harder piece as you need to alter the HTML components. I haven't had time to dig into this yet but should be possible.
Labels