Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Applying Data Profiling Tool on Multiple Tables simultaneously

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

Can we create a workflow which takes list of tables as an input and and apply Basic Profiling Tool on them for their summary at once. ?

I have a database which have around 40 tables , i want to apply Basic Profiling Tool on it at once (not one by one)

7 REPLIES 7
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @tjamal1 , have your table the same structure? If so, you can use a batch macro with a dynamic input to load the data and use the basic data profile tool on the result.

(If this post helps, then please consider it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly). 

tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

Hi

My Tables different structure 

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Does all of them have different structure or there are groups of tables with similar structure?

For a quick data profiling of all the columns within a table I recommend you to use a Field Summary tool within the Data Investigation category

https://help.alteryx.com/current/Field_Summary_Report.htm

Best,

Vianney 

Best,
Vianney
tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

All tables have different structure and there is no grouping among them.

Can I apply Field summary tool on multiples in a recursive way , so that every time my workflow runs it takes all tables one by one and show their field summary 

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @tjamal1,

Here I have created a small macro that shows how you could read several files (in your case tables) and apply to filed summary tool.

You need to have your tables as rows (in my case to simulate your scenario, I read some files with the directory tool)

then you pass to the macro the files' location (in you case of the tables) 

The batch macro will read the file path and send all the information the Field Summary. Here it is important that you go to the View > Interface

Designer > Properties and change the output to: auto configure by Name

Attached the workflow.

Let me know if you have any questions

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
tjamal1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks ,

Can you provide me the workflow for Alteryx Desktop Version 2019.3 

I am using an Older Version