Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Amazon Redshift ODBC Azure AD OAuth2 Multiple Browser Authentication Issue

huhog55
7 - Meteor

Hello - 

Does anyone out there use Alteryx to connect to Redshift using "Identity Provider: Browser Azure AD OAuth2" and have issues with the browser authentication popping up multiple times to enter credentials? My company uses SSO (single sign on) and we run Alteryx through the Citrix platform/server. The ODBC connection test is successful after one pop up window and credentials entered, however, adding tools to the canvas or any change to the workflow causes the authentication to occur over and over again. I get 6 or 7 browser pop ups when dropping 1 input tool 1 browse tool on the canvas and running the workflow. The workflow will run and return records after credentials are entered in all the pop up windows.

Is there a setting in the ODBC configuration or a setting in Alteryx that can be changed to fix this issue? Any ideas or help is appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

my hunch is this is not an Alteryx issue but related to how AD and Citrix are syncing.  When you say you are running Citrix - do you mean you are running Alteryx on a VM - ie like a mac? Can you see what the AD/AWS connection timeout is? is Citrix set to change your IP or something?

huhog55
7 - Meteor

Thank you!

Not sure on the terminology to describe how Cirix is running Alteryx. Citrix is an application that runs on my local machine. Alteryx is not installed locally so I access it through Citrix and use the drivers and ODBC Admin on Citrix. I am able to create my own user connections in ODBC Admin and save them on the Citrix server. I looked around in the Citrix settings and didn't see any settings I could modify for connection time out or IP address management. I have also verified we are using the most up to date Redshift driver so that should not be the issue.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Are you on a mac? I think this is probably a Citrix to AD issue. Worth checking this out re: prompt=login.

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX253779/user-prompted-for-credentials-on-workspace-urls-when-us...

and microsoft's instructions:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-fs/operations/ad-fs-prompt-login

huhog55
7 - Meteor

No we are all on Microsoft Windows 10 I believe

Thank you for the article! Reading through it and will discuss with the team!

Labels