Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx will not read in xls files

LoganJ
6 - Meteoroid

It is very strange. It will only read in the first cell. The input tool will not read in any of the headers or the data. If I open the xls (97-2003 excel) file in Excel, it opens and reads just fine. If I have the file open in Excel and then I run the input tool and the browse tool in Alteryx, it does work! But only if the file is already open in Excel. This is not a valid solution. What am I missing?

12 REPLIES 12
Jeannie
6 - Meteoroid

I need some help here.. I have uploaded an Excel sheet and tried to run in via the browser but nothing comes out. Even after I added a select tool, nothing appears too. But when i click on the input data as shown in the first pic, there is something there.

Any idea?

Jeannie_0-1640691280308.pngJeannie_1-1640691307338.pngJeannie_2-1640691316816.png

jlshanley
5 - Atom

Did you ever solve this? I am getting the exact same error. Would love any ideas!!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hi @jlshanley - start a new thread on this. You'll probably be asked to play around with the table/query options - and to run/save/load/reload. I'd also ask you to use an action tool to make sure it's configured correctly.  This original thread was on .xls which is the vintage version of excel files which are a totally separate and unique beast.

Labels