Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx to Power BI

sh_mryan
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have an Alteryx workflow that contains ~ 20 million rows, which I need to push into Power BI for multiple users to analyse.

Microsoft's Push datasets limitations mean the Microsoft Power BI Output Tool isn't an option.

Has someone found a way to output a similar sized dataset to Power BI ?

Thanks

Matt

1 REPLY 1
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

First off... why are you doing that? Power BI or even Data Visualization tools in general should ingest aggregated data in order to "analyze" the trends and perform visual analysis. Loading 20 million rows inside will jam up the whole visualization tool and slow it down tremendously. That is not recommended at all. 

I would suggest for you to have a conversation with your users on what they want exactly. Do they want a report in Excel or do they want to do trend analysis visually with the help of a dashboard?

If they want reports, then Alteryx will do for them. You can make some visuals and render them out for them in PDF, PPT, or even Word. You can even aggregate and output to the trust .txt, .csv, or even .xlsx. 

This is where you add value and step in as someone on the data end Matt. The end users can request Heaven and Earth, but you have to think and counter them plus provide better alternatives and inform + educate them.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels