Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx runs for longer time in Designer. (more than 4 hours)

nitin_l
7 - Meteor

My Alteryx workflow runs for more than 4 hours in Alteryx Designer. My company laptop gets locked if I step away for more than 10 minutes and sometimes the internet connection may be paused or disconnected too. I clicked on "AMP Engine" option too before I run the workflow. Are there any ways to reduce the running time of Alteryx and a practical way to keep the workflow running irrespective of system on or in idle mode.

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @nitin_l 

You'll need to provide more information. What kind of operations are you performing? What are the data sources? How many records? 

I'd suggest running it with a subset of data and enabling performance profiling so you can identify any tools that could be a bottleneck.

nitin_l
7 - Meteor

Its a huge workflow loading multiple inputs with data from Oracle database. More than million records. We are looking to upload it in gallery and schedule it on a regular basis. 

Thanks for those inputs, will try and see if it works

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @nitin_l 

The slowness might also be in the Oracle connections. Check out this post for more information:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Oracle-Database-read-speed-too-slow/td...

Labels