Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx output

Noumassya1520
7 - Meteor

I'm using vlookup formulas to bring into a different tab my Alteryx output. The output looks normal and has no #NAs. But when I bring the output data into the tab, I get #NAs whenever the ID number in the output consists only of numbers. When the ID number is a combination of numbers and letters, the output is fine. To get rid of the #NAs and get the real values in the new tab I have to use the "text to columns" excel feature. Is there an Alteryx tool I can use so that the values don't turn into #NAs once they're are brought into the new tab?

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Noumassya1520 for the better understanding of your use-case can you upload a sample input file and expected output result?

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Noumassya1520 

The problem statement is not 100% clear, but if I have to guess, I'd say the issue is because the numeric-only IDs are truncated one imported to Excel.

For example 0001 will just show as 1. if this is indeed the problem you face, you can check out this post for a solution: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Zip-Code-maintaining-leading-z...

Best regards,
Dawn.

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@Noumassya1520 ,

Accrding to Microsoft Support , "The #N/A error generally indicates that a formula can’t find what it’s been asked to look for."

So you may want to double-check if your LOOKUP expression is broken in some way.

Labels