Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx connecting to another webapp via SSO

grvmakkar
5 - Atom

Hello Communty,

We have been trying to access our Webapp through Alteryx. We login the app through our Azure AD. I don't know how I can trigger the SSO window or login into the Webapp.

End result: We want users to login their Webapp account and use only the urls they have been assigned to.

Thanks in advance. 

Best

Gaurav

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@grvmakkar , is your Webapp a database or datasource?  What do you mean when you say "login their Webapp account and use only the urls they have been assigned to"?

What are these URLs?  What do your user's do with them?

AdwaitTarudkar
8 - Asteroid

Hi

In our case, we had to install the respective web app DSN in our system, and then we could connect that to Alteryx through a generic ODBC connection via. input tool. You would then be able to find installed DSN in the dropdown and enter your web app log-in details to complete the connection. 

Hope this helps.

Regards

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@AdwaitTarudkar , this sounds like something that DCM would be able to handle if connection management/permissions for users is the main problem you are trying to account for. Please see the documentation below. 

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/dcm-designer 

As far as enabling your SSO is concerned, I believe that the Platform SDK could be a possible solution for you as well.

This would require you to create a custom tool that accomplishes your needs. 

See documentation: https://help.alteryx.com/developer-help/platform-sdk 

If this provides further guidance/resolution for your initial question, please mark this post as the solution so that other's in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

grvmakkar
5 - Atom

Hello Team

Apologies for not replying sooner. We had a call today with one of our Alteryx support. They also let us know that we need to you SDK.

thank you so much for your help.

Labels