Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Scheduler Service will not start after update to 2024.1

MeanLeanDean
アステロイド

After upgrading to 2024.1, the Windows 10 service that runs the scheduler in the background will not start.  The error message suggests that "some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs".  It stops whether or not Alteryx Desktop is running.  I have a lot of scheduled workflows that need to be running.  What could be causing this?

7件の返信7
Raj
マグネター

@MeanLeanDean 
check into the services and setup type should be automatic
windows - services -  Alteryx

MeanLeanDean
アステロイド

Thanks, @Raj, for the reply. I tried automatic and the service refuses to start same as doing it manually. I had to revert back to v2023.2 to keep the workflows going.  But there new tools and capacities in v2024.1 that I need and need the fix before upgrading.  --MLD  

sin_sin
アトム

my scheduler just wont start even after setting this in system setting . have to revert to the older version.

any update on this issue?

anthony_fiel
メテオール

Just ran into this today as well.  Tried to manually start service, but it stops immediately.  

MasonSchlinsog
アトム

I had the same issue. I had to revert back to 2023.2 to get the scheduler working again. 

MasonSchlinsog
アトム

They patched this now with 2024.1.1.49 which released today 5/23/2024. I'm reviewing the release notes of "Fixed Issues" and TGAL-11089 reads "AlteryxService fails to start up when configuring Alteryx Designer for Designer and Scheduler Only on 2024.1." and is labeled Fixed. I was able successfully install the new version and my scheduler appears to be working correctly. 

MeanLeanDean
アステロイド

@MasonSchlinsog Good news!  Thanks for letting us know.  --MLD

ラベル