Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Excel Import, Is there a way to bring through the calculation for the cell?

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey,
I'm just looking for a little help regarding an excel import. I have the following file:

TheOC_0-1620907609865.png

Field 3 is populated by a calculation, as you can see, 1+2. Is there a way to bring that calculation through to Alteryx, rather than just the value of the cell?
The data is brought into Alteryx as such:

TheOC_1-1620907702355.png

I've attached the spreadsheet if it helps investigate.
Cheers!
TheOC

Bulien
12 REPLIES 12
JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Now I have set the field length as 10000 and just had two columns in the file. And then another message: Error: XML Parse (24): unexpected end of input at Line:1 and Column:100001

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

I have a file with more than 10K rows where the field contains text string, as well as some rows with formulas like =-@ abcd.

The purpose is to identify rows with such formulas and replace by abcd (removing =-@).

However, I was seeing this error message.

Error: XML Parse (24): input ended before all started tags were ended; last tag started is 'row' at Line:1 and Column:100001

Then I set the field length to be 10000000000 something like that, even larger. Then it works.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AngelosPachis 

Sorry to revive an old thread from 2021 - but this is exactly what I need.

May I ask, what do these extract file boxes represent?

image.png

@TheOC - I wonder if this can be made into a Universal Tool that can be shared to the Community. What do you think?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Labels