Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Update without losing scheduled workflows

lalitsankhla
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I had a doubt regarding updating the Alteryx desktop version. I am currently using Alteryx 2019.1 and have a scheduler in place and Updation requires to uninstallation of the previous version.

I wonder if I update the designer to the latest version,

Will all my scheduled workflows be gone and I need to reschedule them manually again one by one or will it still keep in my scheduler?

Or else It would be not a good idea to update the software as I don't want to lose any of my scheduled workflows and scheduler information and as there are too many workflows that are scheduled, It will not be possible to re-schedule them again manually? 

Will the updation hamper with my scheduled workflow or there might be some bugs that may affect the same?

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @lalitsankhla

Your Schedules shouldn't be affected because they are stored in a SQLite database. 

You can even do a backup if you want just copying the persistence folder if you want to. That can be found in your System Settings.

Cheers,

Labels