Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer Memory Leak

AshRez
7 - Meteor

Greetings,

I have noticed that when I keep Alteryx designer open for days, the application starting crashing and acting weird. I started observing the memory at least for the last two days now, and I noticed that the application start with only around 350MB of memory usage.

Opening any workflow will add few MB more, depending on the workflow, it is almost like 1-5MB. When I ran the workflow it would add around 20-50MB, I am guessing because the cache and other stuff used for the application to handle the workflow.

If I keep repeating the same workflow by running over and over, the memory used keep growing 20-50MB every time, if you close the workflow, it will reduce only the last increase made by running it, which is around 20-50MB only, even if the application have no more workflow open, it stays with the same amount of memory.

In two days it accumulated around 1.7G of memory even with no workflow open, hence why the application crash after few days.

All of this because the application is not cleaning up the memory correctly.  I am running the latest Alteryx Designer x64 2023.1.1.123

I hope this can be fix real soon.

the only workaround right now, is to close the application and start it again to reset the related memory issue.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'd recommend downgrading from 2023.1.

MZ
6 - Meteoroid

I notice this too.  I hope 2023.2 is better.

NeoInfiniTech
8 - Asteroid

I also came across this issue last week building a rather detailed workflow in 2023.2.1.7, the program crashed after few hours of editing and testing the workflow (luckily it was autosaved for the most part). It is also worth noting that the first tool you click will make you wait longer to activate the configuration pane if you minimize and reopen Designer.

AshRez
7 - Meteor

I opened a ticket with Alteryx, back in July, but unfortunately, Alteryx support is very unprofessional, They tried to pin point the issue on my own machine or how I use the application, as nothing to do with their application, over few emails. With many attempt to meet, they never showed up and keep pushing it, and finally they just simply closed the ticket and ignored the issue. I am so disappointed with this company support with such an expensive product. 

Hiding from the issue, is never going to resolve the issue.

Asim_Sid
5 - Atom

Unfortunately, it is not. I am using 2023.2.1.51 to be exact and so far have not been able to complete the simplest single exercise to date. some users say that the crashing issue is more common on Windows 10, which is what I am running Designer on. Tech support is somewhat disappointing.

Labels