Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer Data Quality

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

Good morning

I have the product Alteryx Designer and would like to do some data quality on my report. At the moment the best solution I found is Field Info or Field Summary, but I would like to create a flow with DQ rules.

Does anyone have an example of flow with DQ inside?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It highly depends on the data and what you are trying to accomplish, but the Browse tool will give you a nice summary of all fields and an interactive way to look through them!

sebenciven
7 - Meteor

Hello Alex, 

Thank you for your reply. I would like to create a report (.csv) that contains all my DQ rules.

For example I have a field that must be a numeric field and does not accept N/A or null values. I would like to recreate an output report that tells me that for that field all records are ok or only record #34 is not ok because it has a null value.

I'd like an example of this kind of workflow because I have so many ideas but I'm not sure where to start.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @sebenciven,

I would look at the Field Summary and/or the Basic Data Profile tool then - this will produce a tabular report that will list things such as if a field is numeric, how many null records it has, and so on. Then you could apply your own DQ rules and filter down to those records you'd want to show in a report.

Field Summary Tool | Alteryx Help

Basic Data Profile Tool | Alteryx Help

Labels