Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer (2022.3) installation error

suleimankhraim
5 - Atom

I'm trying to update my Alteryx to the version 2022.3 (released 29th of Nov) and I'm getting the error below. The installer did uninstall my previous version of Alteryx as well.

suleimankhraim_0-1670407018532.png

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@suleimankhraim , please see the article below to see how to ensure a complete uninstall of Designer. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Complete-Uninstall-of-Alteryx-Desig...

After you do this, try reinstalling the newest version. 

If this helps resolve your issue, please mark this reply as the solution so that others in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @suleimankhraim 

You can have one version of Admin installation and one version of non-admin.

If you are installing the same version (non-admin or admin) of Designer, I would recommend uninstalling the previous version before installing the new one in this case.

Hope this helps. 

suleimankhraim
5 - Atom

I'm using a non-Admin installer on both sides, tried uninstalling it from control panel, it didn't work either.

suleimankhraim
5 - Atom

Hi Andrew, I uninstalled through control panel, cleared the files in the directories, cleared the keys in Regeditor. still facing the same issue.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @suleimankhraim 

Do you see a Designer icon in control panel? 

Did you download the latest version of Designer from the downloads portal? I would recommend re-installing the executable from the downloads portal. Also, double check to make sure you aren't installing the patch version.

I would reach out to support@alteryx.com if the new .exe doesn't install properly. 

pierrebocq
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @suleimankhraim;,

I have the exact same issue as you with the latest version (2023.1) although I didn't have it with the 2022.3 (which makes this even weirder).
How did you end up making it work ? If you did ?

I can't uninstall my 2022.3, can't install 2023.1 and trying to uninstall 2022.3 (even though it didn't complete and it's still here) I somehow lost some things as some tools don't appear now on workflows.

So basically now I'm back with 2022.1 that works.
I'd greatly appreciate a solution :)

Labels