Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

After Designer Upgrade to 2022.3 I cannot connect to Alteryx Server

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

Is anyone else having issues connecting to Alteryx Server or Gallery from Designer after upgrading from 2022.1 to 2022.3? 

I've tried installing the latest update and patch and still cannot connect to Server or Gallery from Designer.

I did submit a support ticket months ago, where the solution was to roll back to 2022.1. I'm guessing the issue was dropped because the new versions still don't seem to have a fix for this issue. And now my version is a year old and some tools are beginning to not function properly.

So again.....is anyone else having this issue? Is your workaround to schedule and monitor your scheduled workflows directly on Server? Because that is really not a handy solution.

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Your Designer version has to match your Server version - is your Alteryx Server also 2022.3?

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

Our server version is 2022.1. 

We have others in the company who have 2022.3 and are able to connect to server.

It's very frustrating. I really like Alteryx, but I shouldn't have to spend all day installing/uninstalling different versions to test what does and doesn't work. Which is what I'm doing today.....instead of paying client work.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @mkosmicki1

This shouldn't be possible - anyone on Designer 2022.3 should not be able to upload to Server 2022.1. They may have a second version of Designer on their machine - you are allowed to have an Admin version and a Non-Admin version of Designer with differing versions: Installing two different versions of Alteryx on th... - Alteryx Community

I would try this out - keep two versions and just make sure to use 2022.1 when uploading to Server!

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm I didn't realize you could have two versions loaded at one time. The company decided to upgrade our server version. 

Thanks for your help!

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Happy to help @mkosmicki1!

Labels