Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Address logic to find ADDRESS_LINE_1, ADDRESS_LINE_2, UBO_CITY, UBO_POST_CODE

Myusrename001
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I need to parse below address line to 4 coloumns based on below exampls:

# 60 2th Main G A B 2nd Stage ZZZZZZZZZZ Bangalore North Bengaluru Karnataka IN560011
Zinkgräfstraße 62       Weinheim   DE 69469
Panoramastrasse 3       Weinheim   DE 69469

The output should show as below:

Address Line 1 Address Line 2UBO CITYPostal Code
# 60 2th Main G A B 2nd Stage ZZZZZZZZZZ Bangalore North Bengaluru Karnataka IN560011
Zinkgräfstraße 62 WeinheimDE69469
Panoramastrasse 3   WeinheimDE69469

Kindly help me to solve this logic.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@Myusrename001 there may be need here to standardize your data intake prior to parsing in Alteryx. Otherwise, you'll find yourself in never-ending Regex land! :D

Jokes aside, here is one approach. Since the records don't really follow a discernable pattern, I went ahead and separated the data set based on the number of words in the records. In the top of the workflow, I am handing all records with five or fewer words and getting their address elements. In the bottom, I am handing the Bangalore entry that is considerably longer.

I'll caveat in saying that the solution works for this specific use case. If the longer entries follow an irregular pattern as well, I would stress (again) to standardize these prior to bringing the data set in.

Hope this helps!

Solution.png

Myusrename001
8 - Asteroid

@rzdodson  - Please see below logic 

Address 1CITYCountryPostal code
Morc Cantin Royal Road Eau CouleeCurepipeMU74208
SV - 2, Block 7, Second Floor, Eldeco Utopia, Sector 93-A, Noida,     Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar PradeshIN201304
C-1,Pocket-6,Kendriya Vihar - 2 Sector-82, Noida, Gautam Budh Nagar     Nodia Nodia UTTAR  PRADESH IN201304
Fruehlingstrasse 19BHeigenbrueckenDE63869
B-12/101-102 kailash manas CHS Mansarovar Complex Dhamankar naka Near varaldevi lake BhiwandiThane MaharashtraIN421302
G2-1501 THE MEADOWS ADANI SHANTIGRAM SG HIGHWAY, NEAR VAISHNO DEVI CIRCLE,  Daskroi GujaratIN382421
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@Myusrename001 I am afraid that the data above needs to be seriously cleansed/standardized prior to continuing here. From the looks of it, there isn't a single entry that begins to match others outside of Fruehlingstrasse 19B/Zinkgräfstraße 62/Panoramastrasse 3 that can be parsed out (\w+\s\w+). There is a lot of superfluous information that is just "noise" within the data entries that do not seem required (e.g. floors of buildings, highways, vicinity to other landmarks, etc.).  

Labels